AFA Clay and Gel Peel
A quick peel to immediately soften and smooth skin, for a younger, healthier appearance.
Duration: Approx 30 mins
A quick treatment using natural clay to remove excess oil + impurities, allowing the AFA peel to exfoliate and hydrate with amino acids. Leaving skin looking younger, softer and smoother.
More about AFA Peels: Amino Acid Peels for deep pore peeling based on the natural moisture system of the skin. Excellent for hyperpigmentation, acne + acne scars, dehydration + devitalized skin. Unlike most peels, AFA peels do not cause photosensitivity.
Contraindications: Sensitivity Rosacea Long term Retinal A product use (recommended to stop 4-8 weeks before using AFA) Open skin lesions Accutane
How it Works + What to Expect
- In this two-step treatment, your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle and thorough cleanse.
- A clay mask is applied in a thin layer to cover the face and left on for 5-7 minutes, enough time to draw out excess oils + impurities
- Once the clay mask is removed AFA peel is applied in a thin layer. The AFA peel is left for 5-7 minutes to exfoliate and hydrate skin.
- After the peel is removed, as a finishing touch, to protect your skin and enhance results, a suitable, serum, oil, moisturizer and SPF are applied.
After Care + Results
- In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, some areas which have had extractions may be slightly raised or red for a few hours, which is completely normal.
- Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
- It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral-based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service ie. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
How to Prepare
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan-friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue the use of any retinol or acid-based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial on the day of an event.