IPL Acne Facial
Want to BANISH BLEMISHES??
The IPL Acne Facial uses blue light to target discolouration and uneven texture in skin, while healthy cells are left unaffected.
Duration: 60 mins
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) ACNE Facial uses light technology to penetrate deep into the dermal layer of your skin to reduce chronic acne for the long term.
Book your test patch and consultation to discuss the results you want and how many treatments it will take to get you there. At Pure + Simple we are powered by SharpLight, the leader in IPL technology.
Ideal for: Clients struggling with stubborn acne and blemishes for which traditional products and services have not been effective enough to treat and provide lasting results. Recommended for those with Mild to Moderate Acne.
For best results: We recommend 2 treatments a week, for 4-6 weeks. 8-12 treatments in total.
Locations Offering this Service:
- Oakville Mississauga
- Richmond Hill
- The Beach
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle and thorough cleanse.
- While applying steam to your skin, our Sensitive Skin Exfoliant + Mask will be applied to exfoliate and prepare skin for IPL
- With your permission, before using the IPL machine, your esthetician will perform extractions to remove blackheads and unclog pores
- Your eyes will be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine
- IPL Acne treatment is performed using our the blue light of advanced technology to kill bacteria, targeting blemishes and cystic acne all over the face and neck area.
- A second pass will be performed to target those areas which are more prone to acne.
- After cooling your face, your esthetician will apply a carefully selected serum for your skin and will lock-in with our award winning Collagen Hydra Mask; you can expect an immediate cooling sensation as the deeply hydrating properties are activated.
- While relaxing with your mask, your esthetician will perform a calming and invigorating scalp, shoulder + décolleté massage.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin and enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm and sunscreen.
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, some redness is perfectly normal.
It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
After a few days:
Generalize mild exfoliation and flaking (no peeling)
Less sebaceous production
Less papules and pustules
60‐70% acne healing is expected approx. one month after last treatment
Best visible results a month after the last treatment.
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid-based products at least 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases which may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile and dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants
Ø History of bleeding coagulapathies
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 14 years of age