May Service Special: Treatment + Add-On Neck $349(REG. $409)
Rejuvenate, reduce hyperpigmentation and treat scars
Whether you’ve been chasing fine lines and wrinkles, searching for a permanent solution to acne and surgical scars, or are simply looking to improve your skin’s texture and tone, your pursuit has ended!
Contact your local spa for more information about Microneedling treatments.
Duration: Approx. 60 mins
Microneedling, aka Collagen Induction Therapy, treats:
- age spots
- acne and surgical scars
- fine lines
- loss of elasticity
Microneedles are used to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin, activating the natural production of collagen and elastin fibres which rejuvenates your skin from the inside out.
For best results, we recommend a series of three treatments, four weeks apart.
Add your hands, neck, décolleté or scars to your main microneedling treatment for an additional $30-$100.
Please note, microneedling cannot be added to any other service.
Suitable for: All skin types especially mature skin or clients looking to reduce pigmentation and atrophic scarring
Locations Offering this Service
- Oakville Mississauga
- Richmond Hill
- The Beach
After cleansing and applying a numbing cream to your skin, your skincare professional will first attach a sterile, single-use needle cartridge to the microneedling device, then spread a medical-grade water-based solution to your skin before beginning the microneedling process. The face is divided into sections, with each section typically being given three passes of the microneedling device. While some areas of the skin are more sensitive, the speed of the needle cartridge makes this treatment relatively comfortable.
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Skin texture (smoothness)
- Dramatically increases the penetration of active ingredients in topicals
- Firmness and hydration
- Reduction in wrinkles
- Scars (especially texture)
- Pore size
- Hair loss (deeper depths)
- Stretch marks (deeper depths)
Before having this treatment:
- Accutane for the past 6 months. (No Exceptions)
- Microneedling within the last 4 weeks.
- No Botox 2 weeks prior.
- No fillers 4 weeks prior.
- No IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior to microneedling. (CO2 wait 3 months).
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 7 days prior to the procedure.
- No shaving the day of the procedure.
- If a client has a history of cold sores, an antiviral agent is suggested but not essential (start 2 days prior to treatment). This can help mitigate the risk of an outbreak.
- No autoimmune therapies or products 12 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A products (retinoids), topical antibiotics, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to treatment.
- No acids or exfoliates should be used by the client, 24 hours (we would suggest 3 days) before the treatment. (Eg. – AHA or BHA)
- No prolonged sun exposure 24 hours prior to the treatment (should not be administered on sunburned skin)
- If active or extreme breakouts occur before treatment, the client can be treated but the infected area must be avoided or the procedure should be rescheduled.
- To decrease the risk of bruising, the client should avoid excessive Alcohol, Aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Aleve). These are not contraindicated to the treatment.
What to expect After:
- Any redness and irritation that results from this treatment are typically resolved within 24 hours.
- Some clients experience a slight shedding of the skin for 1-4 days following treatment.
- Clients must avoid alcohol, exercise, excessive heat and skincare that contains active ingredients at least 48 hours after this treatment.
- Your skincare professional will provide you with after-care products and detailed instructions.