This non-abrasive exfoliant uses a 10% food-grade Lactic Acid and a natural base of Algin + Aloe Vera to effectively dissolve dead skin cells, reduce blemishes, fine lines + unclog pores, while maintaining healthy, hydrated skin.
Ideal for flaky, dull + oily skin types.
- Lactic Acid: The most gentle type of AHA, lactic acid reduces the incidence of comedones by deep cleaning pores + rejuvenating skin. Reduces the appearance of facial lines by stimulating Collagen production, without dehydrating or over-sensitizing the skin.
- Algae + Aloe Vera base: Helps to hydrate skin + reduce sensitivity.
Nut Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
On the Blog: The Do's and Don't's of Peeling
Water, Algin (Sea algae derivative), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Powder, Vegetable Glycerin, Lactic Acid.
- Evenly spread (don't rub) 2-3 pumps over clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye + lip areas.
- Leave on between 10-15 minutes to exfoliate + brighten.
- Use 1x-2x per week in the evening.
- Option 1. Remove by rinsing with cool water and follow with your regular evening skincare routine.
- Option 2. After 10-15 minutes, apply moisturizer and/or oil over the Lactic Acid and leave on overnight.
- Note: The acid will be mostly neutralized by the oil/moisturizer, but this application does provide a deeper exfoliation and may not be suitable for highly sensitive skin.
- Some tingling may be felt upon application but if skin starts to burn, remove immediately with cool water.
- Avoid applying to freshly shaved skin or 'open' skin of any kind.
- For thick or very congested skin, switch between using a manual scrub and Lactic Acid.
- Can be used more frequently as a spot treatment.
- Always follow with an SPF the next day.
- Used to treat flakiness, blemishes, blackheads and ingrown hairs.
Use only as directed. Avoid contact with the eyes. If irritation persists, discontinue use and consult a physician. It is recommended that prior to exposure to the sun, users cover areas where AHAs have been applied with sunscreen. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
A gentle exfoliant to use once or 2x a week. Leaves my skin brighter and softer.
Lactic Acid Plus
The Lactic Acid Plus is hands down the best AHA product I have ever used (in fairness to P+S I have not tried their "lactic acid"). I had visible results the first week of using it. My pores are clearer and smaller, plus the overall texture of my skin has improved. My skin is too sensitive for manual exfoliation so this product is a great addition to my skin care routine in between using an enzyme peel.
This product really works to decongest skin and prevent future breakouts, all without causing irritation or redness. I love what it does for my skin!