Behind the Mask: Skincare for the New Normal - Fine Lines + Dehydration
Welcome to our new series, where we will be discussing the effects of masks on the three skin types. We know skincare can be complicated to begin with, but adding a mask to the mix can definitely exacerbate issues for every skin type. Whether you’re prone to breakouts, have sensitive skin, or tend towards dry skin, the new normal has taken its toll. In this series you’ll learn a bit more about your skin type and how to care for it when wearing a mask. We’ll be recommending products, services and helpful tips and tricks! Follow along with us as we navigate skincare in the new normal, together.
Is your mask sucking the moisture from your skin? Do you find the edges of your mask pulling tightly along your delicate complexion, leaving lines and wrinkles that weren't there before!? For skin which is mature, or dry and dehydrated to begin with, masking can exacerbate dehydration and even increase the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Not only can these cloth masks absorb moisture from our skin, but for skin which has lost tone and collagen, impressions in the skin can be found from the mask’s edges pulling and pressing on the skin. If you’ve found your skin to be looking older and less plump and dewy since wearing a mask, consider booking in for a relaxing service, or treating yourself to some luxuriously hydrating serums and moisture locking creams from our clean line of skincare..
What Pure + Simple services are best for sensitive skin?
One of our highly-trained esthetician’s at our clean beauty spas will be happy to consult with you and provide one of the following services which will prevent and treat dehydration and premature aging.
1. Our Sea Salt Microdermabrasion Facial helps skin to hold extra moisture while exfoliating. This facial will leave your skin looking smoother and younger.
2. Try the Revitalizing Pear Fig Facial to exfoliate and hydrate dull skin. This natural facial uses a professional-grade fruit enzyme to exfoliate dead, dry skin in combination with an oxygen treatment to infuse moisture back into the cells. Leaving your complexion look fresh and your skin plump with hydration! Your mask won’t stand a chance!
3. Our IPL Anti-Aging Facial stimulates collagen production through light pulses and helps smooth out skin. Try adding a Collagen Hydra Mask Add-On for an extra boost of moisture at the end of your service.
What can you do at home to prevent and treat mask irritation?
Mature and dehydrated skin benefits most from a routine which includes collagen and lots of hydration.
1. Hydrosols are a great way to boost moisture! Try giving your face a refresh before and after your mask. We recommend our Pure + Simple Organic Rose Hydrosol which prevents loss of collagen and slows down the aging process.
Pure + Simple
Pure + Simple, $14.95
2. For hydration which will last from morning to night use a hydrating serum like Minimalist Face Lift Serum Plus. This product contains collagen and elastin which support and increase skin’s natural production of collagen elastin leaving skin looking younger and plumper with less visible fine lines.
3. Do a weekly sheet mask treatment to lock lock in moisture. Our award winning Collagen Hydra Face and Neck Mask contains collagen and aloe vera which restores moisture to dry, dehydrated skin.
Pure + Simple
Face & Neck Mask
Pure + Simple, $19.95
Also check out our previous
- Behind the Mask: Skincare for the New Normal - Maskne
- Behind the Mask: Skincare for the New Normal - Irritation