Duration: Approx. 60 mins
Rejuvenate your skin with this effective treatment designed to reduce hyperpigmentation + treat scars!
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, treats:
- Age spots
- Acne + surgical scars
- Fine lines + wrinkles
- Loss of elasticity of the skin
Microneedles are used to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin, activating the natural production of collagen + elastin fibres, resulting in a firmer + plumper appearance.
For best results, we recommend a series of three treatments, four weeks apart.
This treatment includes the face + neck area.
Add your hands, décolleté or scars to your Microneedling treatment for an additional $30-$100.
Please note, Microneedling cannot be added to any other service.
Suitable for: All skin types, especially mature skin or clients looking to reduce pigmentation + atrophic scarring
Contact your local spa for more information about Microneedling treatments.
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
After cleansing + applying a numbing cream to your skin, your skincare professional will first attach a sterile, single-use needle cartridge to the microneedling device, then spread a medical-grade water-based solution to your skin before beginning the microneedling process.
The face is divided into sections, with each section typically being given three passes of the microneedling device. While some areas of the skin are more sensitive, the speed of the needle cartridge makes this treatment relatively comfortable.
- Stimulates circulation + collagen production
- Improves skin texture
- Dramatically increases the penetration of active ingredients in topicals
- Increases skin firmness + hydration
- Reduction in wrinkles + fine-lines
- Reduces the appearance of scars (especially texture)
- Reduces pore size * Evens out pigmentation
How to Prepare
- No accutane for the past 6 months, no exceptions.
- No Microneedling treatments within the last 4 weeks.
- No Botox 2 weeks prior.
- No fillers 4 weeks prior.
- No IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior to Microneedling. (If you have done CO2, wait 3 months).
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 7 days prior to the procedure.
- No shaving the day of the procedure.
- If a client has a history of cold sores, an antiviral agent is suggested but not essential (start 2 days prior to treatment). This can help mitigate the risk of an outbreak.
- No autoimmune therapies or products 12 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A products (retinoids), topical antibiotics, hydroquinone + benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to treatment.
- No acids or exfoliates should be used by the client for at least 1-3 days before the treatment. (Eg. AHA or BHA)
- No prolonged sun exposure 24 hours prior to the treatment (should not be administered on sunburned skin).
- If active or extreme breakouts occur before treatment, the client can be treated but the infected area must be avoided or the procedure should be rescheduled.
- To decrease the risk of bruising, the client should avoid excessive Alcohol, Aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Aleve). These are not contraindicated to the treatment.
After Care + Results
- Any redness + irritation that results from this treatment is typically resolved within 24 hours.
- Some clients experience a slight shedding of the skin for 1-4 days following this treatment.
- Clients must avoid alcohol, exercise, excessive heat + skincare that contains active ingredients at least 48 hours after this treatment.
- Your skincare professional will provide you with after-care products + detailed instructions.