This non-abrasive exfoliant uses a 5% food-grade Lactic Acid and a natural base of Algin + Aloe Vera to gently and effectively dissolve dead skin cells, while maintaining healthy, hydrated skin.
Ideal for dry + sensitive skin types.
- Lactic Acid: The most gentle type of AHA, lactic acid reduces the incidence of comedones by deep cleaning pores + rejuvenating skin. Reduces the appearance of facial lines by stimulating Collagen production, without dehydrating or over-sensitizing the skin.
- Algae + Aloe Vera base: Helps to hydrate skin + reduce sensitivity.
Nut Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
On the Blog: Do's and Don'ts of Peeling
Water, Algin (Sea algae derivative), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Powder, Vegetable Glycerin, Lactic Acid.
- Evenly spread (don't rub) 2-3 pumps over clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye + lip areas.
- Leave on between 10-15 minutes to exfoliate + brighten.
- Use 1x-2x per week in the evening.
- Option 1. Remove by rinsing with cool water and follow with your regular evening skincare routine.
- Option 2. After 10-15 minutes, apply moisturizer and/or oil over the Lactic Acid and leave on overnight.
- Note: The acid will be mostly neutralized by the oil/moisturizer, but this application does provide a deeper exfoliation and may not be suitable for highly sensitive skin.
- Some tingling may be felt upon application but if skin starts to burn, remove immediately with cool water.
- Avoid applying to freshly shaved skin or 'open' skin of any kind.
- For thick or very congested skin, switch between using a manual scrub and Lactic Acid.
- Can be used more frequently as a spot treatment.
- Always follow with an SPF the next day.
- Used to treat flakiness, blemishes, blackheads and ingrown hairs.
- A good introductory acid for those that are new to using acids to exfoliate. For most clients, we recommend starting with the 5% before moving to the 10% concentration.
Use only as directed. Avoid contact with the eyes. If irritation persists, discontinue use and consult a physician. It is recommended that prior to exposure to the sun, users cover areas where AHAs have been applied with sunscreen. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
Great product, have used it in the past. Not too abrasive for sensitive skin.
Clears up black heads better than exfoliating. Using it weekly. Great addition to the facial routine.
This lactic acid is gentle and makes my sensitive skin look clear and plumped up, I would highly recommend!
I've been using lactic acid for the past 8 months. My skin is sensitive, so I've always been cautious with exfoliants, but this one hasn't caused any irritation. It's gentle, but effective in improving the evenness of my skin texture and reduced pilling/peeling of my skin! Great product.
I've been using both lactic acid plus and lactic acid for years. The lactic acid plus really help my keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms, which I haven't had for a long, long time.