IPL Rosacea Treatment
STOP SEEING RED!
The IPL ( Intense Pulse Light) ROSACEA Treatment uses light technology to penetrate deep into the dermal layer of your skin to cauterize broken capillaries.
Duration: 30 mins
The Rosacea Treatment uses pulsed light technology that is absorbed by the blood within the vessel, causing the blood to coagulate and the vessel to break up into particles, while healthy surrounding cells are left unaffected.
Book your test patch and consultation to discuss the results you want and how many treatments it will take to get you there. At Pure + Simple we are powered by SharpLight, the leader in IPL technology.
Ideal for: Clients with rosacea and/or small, superficial broken capillaries & hyperpigmentation looking for fast and lasting results.
For best results: 4-6 sessions are recommended scheduled 2-4 weeks apart.
Locations Offering this Service:
- Oakville Mississauga
- Richmond Hill
- The Beach
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle and thorough cleanse.
- After the skin is cleaned and wiped of any product and water, your eyes will be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine
- IPL Rosacea treatment is performed using our advanced technology to coterize broken blood vessels and eliminate small blood vessels, which add to redness, all over the face and neck area.
- A second pass will be performed to target those areas which show more redness and pigmentation.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin and enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm and sunscreen.
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, you may experience mild diffuse redness, mild heat and slight swelling for a few hours following the service and/or brown spots and uneven pigmentation may temporarily turn slightly darker.
It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
After a few days:
Some mild swelling, peeling and/or superficial crusting may be experienced after 1‐2 days.
Vascular Lesions: Erythema for a few days post treatment (cold compresses will help)
Pigmented spots: Area may darken and scabbing may occur for a few days + Progressive fading with each treatment
Lightening and/or Disappearances of pigmented and vascular lesions
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases which may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile and dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants
Ø History of bleeding coagulapathies
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 25 years of age
Ø Skin types above 4 (risk of burning)