Duration: 60 min
Experience the transformative power of our IPL Photo Facial, harnessing advanced light technology to specifically address skin discolouration + uneven texture. This treatment selectively targets problematic areas while leaving healthy cells untouched.
Benefits of this service:
- Diminishes fine-lines + wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of sun damage
- Promotes a more even skin tone
Ideal for: Clients interested in treating fine-lines, large pores, dull skin, superficial benign sun damage, superficial benign vascular lesions + boosting collagen production.
For best results: We recommend one treatment per month for 5-8 sessions.
Please see the list of Contraindications under the Preparations tab to see if this service is suitable for you*
Locations Offering this Service:
- Oakville Mississauga
- Richmond Hill
- The Beach
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle + thorough cleanse.
- While applying steam to your skin, our Sensitive Skin Exfoliant + Mask will be applied to exfoliate + prepare skin for IPL.
- Your eyes will be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine.
- IPL PhotoFacial treatment is performed using our advanced technology over the entire face + neck. A second pass will be performed to target those areas that show more signs of aging.
- After cooling your face, your esthetician will apply a carefully selected serum for your skin + will apply our award-winning Collagen Hydra Mask; you can expect an immediate cooling sensation as the deeply hydrating properties are activated.
- While relaxing with your mask, your esthetician will perform a calming scalp, shoulder + décolleté massage.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin + enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm + sunscreen.
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, you may experience mild diffuse redness and slight swelling for a few hours following the service and/or brown spots and uneven pigmentation may temporarily turn slightly darker.
It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
After 1-3 weeks:
Some peeling and/or superficial crusting may be experienced.
- Formation of new collagen + remodelling of the skin (neocollagenesis)
- Pigmentation will lighten or disappear
- Vascular lesions will lighten or disappear
- Skin will look younger + healthier
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases which may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile and dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants
Ø History of bleeding coagulopathies
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 25 years of age
Ø Skin types above 4 (risk of burning)