Duration: 30 mins
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an effective physical form of exfoliation utilizing a sterile surgical scalpel to gently graze the surface of the skin. Dermaplaning targets the cell regeneration process to improve the appearance of acne scarring, uneven skin texture, hyperpigmentation and dullness. The effect is glowing skin with fewer imperfections, a smoother appearance, and a healthier look.
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
The following conditions are recognized as contraindications for dermaplaning treatment and must be disclosed prior to treatment:
- Active acne
- Active infection of any type, such as herpes simplex or flat warts
- Any raised lesions
- Any recent chemical peel procedure
- Chemotherapy or radiation
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Family history of keloid formation
- Hemophilia Hormonal therapy that produces thick pigmentation
- Oral blood thinner medications
- Recent use of topical agents such as glycolic acids, alpha-hydroxy acids and Retin-A
- Skin Cancer
- Telangiectasia/erythema may be worsened or brought out by exfoliation
- Thick, dark facial hair
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Use of Accutane within the last year
- Vascular lesions
Your esthetician will advise you on post-care procedures and recommend the best treatment plan catered to your unique skin’s needs.
Immediately after your Dermaplaning procedure, do not use the sauna, swimming pool or Suntanning beds. Try not to engage in heavy physical activity. Do not exfoliate, wax shave or otherwise manipulate the treated area for at least 7 days following your treatment
Day of the procedure: No lotion, makeup or topical cosmetics. You can wash your skin with a gentle cleanser. Use hyaluronic booster, lipidic moisturizer and sunscreen. Your technician will advise you about these or any other products. If you experience itchiness, be aware that this is because the freshly resurfaced skin is exposed to environmental aggressors.