Duration: Approx. 30 mins
AFA peel treatments are excellent for diminishing pigmentation, refining skin texture + providing a youthful + rejuvenated appearance.
More about AFA Peels:
Amino Acid Peels are formulated with amino acids naturally found in your skin's moisture system. These peels offer an effective solution for addressing concerns such as hyperpigmentation, acne, acne scars, dehydration + fine-lines. What sets AFA peels apart is their unique characteristic of not causing photosensitivity.
Before your service, your esthetician will consult with you to understand your skincare goals + assess your skin condition. Based on this assessment, they will recommend the ideal percentage of AFA peel for your skin, which can range from 20%, 30%, to 40%.
Ideal for: Congested + textured skin.
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will start by thoroughly cleansing your skin using Pure + Simple's Sensitive Cleansing Milk, ensuring a clean canvas for the treatment.
- The AFA Gel Peel will be applied to your skin in a thin layer. Tingling + mild burning sensation is normal.
- The peel is removed + a cool towel compress is applied to calm the skin.
- To conclude the treatment, a suitable serum, moisturizer + SPF is applied.
How to Prepare
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 4-8 weeks before your treatment.
- It is not suggested you book your treatment the day of an event.
- AFA Peels are not recommended for those with sensitive skin, rosacea, or open skin lesions.
After Care + Results
- In most cases, your skin will look even + glowing directly after service however, some redness is perfectly normal.
- It is recommended not to wear make-up directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If make-up application is needed, mineral based make-up is suggested to maintain the benefits of your treatment.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
- Unlike most peels, AFA peels do not cause photosensitivity, however it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used daily as part of a protective skin care regime.