Duration: Approx. 30 mins
Our AFA Clay + Gel Peel is a dynamic two-step process combining AFA Clay Peeling with the standard AFA Gel Peel. This unique approach introduces an additional layer of deep peeling before the AFA Gel Peel, optimizing the overall treatment.
The AFA Clay Peel serves as a preparatory step, working to close + tighten pores while enhancing the effectiveness of the Gel Peel. This synergy between the two peels ensures a comprehensive + revitalizing skincare experience!
Ideal for: Blemished, congested + textured skin.
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will start by thoroughly cleansing your skin using Pure + Simple's Sensitive Cleansing Milk, ensuring a clean canvas for the treatment.
- The AFA Clay Peel will be applied to your skin in a thin layer.
- The Clay Peel is removed + the Gel Peel is applied. Tingling + mild burning sensation is normal.
- The Gel Peel is removed + a cool towel compress is applied to calm the skin.
- To conclude the treatment, a suitable serum, moisturizer + SPF is applied.
How to Prepare
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 4-8 weeks before your treatment.
- It is not suggested you book your treatment the day of an event.
- AFA Peels are not recommended for those with sensitive skin, rosacea, or open skin lesions.
After Care + Results
- In most cases, your skin will look even + glowing directly after service however, some redness is perfectly normal.
- It is recommended not to wear make-up directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If make-up application is needed, mineral based make-up is suggested to maintain the benefits of your treatment.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
- Unlike most peels, AFA peels do not cause photosensitivity, however it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used daily as part of a protective skin care regime.