Duration: 60 mins
The Rosacea Facial uses pulsed light technology to penetrate deep into the dermal layer of your skin to cauterize broken capillaries, leaving healthy cells unaffected.
The light technology is absorbed by the blood within the vessel, causing it to coagulate + the vessel to break up into particles, leaving you with a less red complexion!
Book your test patch + consultation to discuss the results you want + how many treatments it will take to get you there. At Pure + Simple, we are powered by SharpLight, the leader in IPL technology.
Ideal for: Clients with rosacea, superficial broken capillaries, or hyperpigmentation looking for fast + lasting results.
For best results: 4-6 sessions are recommended scheduled 2-4 weeks apart.
Please see the list of Contraindications under the Preparations tab to see if this service is suitable for you*
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle + thorough cleanse.
- Your esthetician will apply steam to open pores + prepare your skin for IPL, if needed, Holistic Vanity's Black Currant Peel will be applied to exfoliate the skin.
- After the skin is cleaned, your eyes will be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine.
- IPL Rosacea treatment is performed using our advanced technology to cauterize broken blood vessels + eliminate small blood vessels, all over the face + neck area.
- A second pass will be performed to target those areas which show more redness + pigmentation.
- After cooling your face, your esthetician will apply a carefully selected serum for your skin + will apply our award winning Collagen Hydra Mask; you can expect an immediate cooling sensation as the deeply hydrating properties are activated.
- While relaxing with your mask, your esthetician will perform a calming scalp, shoulder + décolleté massage.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin + enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm + sunscreen.
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
- In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, you may experience mild diffuse redness, mild heat and slight swelling for a few hours following the service and/or brown spots and uneven pigmentation may temporarily turn slightly darker.
- It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
- Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
After a few days:
- Some mild swelling, peeling and/or superficial crusting may be experienced after 1‐2 days.
- Vascular Lesions: Erythema for a few days post treatment (cold compresses will help)
- Pigmented spots: Area may darken and scabbing may occur for a few days + Progressive fading with each treatment
Lightening and/or disappearances of pigmented and vascular lesions
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases which may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile and dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants
Ø History of bleeding coagulapathies
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 25 years of age
Ø Skin types above 4 (risk of burning)