Duration: 30 mins
The IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Rosacea Treatment uses light technology to penetrate deep into the dermal layer of your skin to cauterize broken capillaries to reduce redness. This process causes the blood to coagulate + the vessel to break into particles, while healthy surrounding cells are left unaffected.
New to IPL? Book your test patch + consultation to discuss the results you want + how many treatments it will take to get you there. At Pure + Simple we are powered by SharpLight, the leader in IPL technology.
Ideal for: Clients with rosacea or have small, superficial broken capillaries + hyperpigmentation looking for fast + lasting results.
For best results: 4-6 sessions are recommended scheduled 2-4 weeks apart.
Please see the list of Contraindications under the Preparations tab to see if this service is suitable for you*
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + Simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle + thorough cleanse.
- Your eyes will then be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine
- IPL Rosacea treatment is performed using our advanced technology to cauterize broken blood vessels + eliminate small blood vessels, all over the face + neck area.
- A second pass will be performed to target those areas which show more redness + pigmentation.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin + enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm + sunscreen.
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases which may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile + dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants
Ø History of bleeding (coagulopathies)
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 25 years of age
Ø Skin types above 4 (risk of burning)
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
- In most cases, your skin will look even + glowing directly after service however, you may experience mild diffuse redness, mild heat + slight swelling for a few hours following the service and/or brown spots + uneven pigmentation may temporarily turn slightly darker.
- It is recommended not to wear make-up directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If make-up application is needed, mineral based make-up is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
- Photosensitivity increases after treatment + it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment + the following day.
After a few days:
- Some mild swelling, peeling and/or superficial crusting may be experienced after 1‐2 days.
- Vascular Lesions: Erythema for a few days post treatment (cold compresses will help)
- Pigmented spots: Area may darken + scabbing may occur for a few days + progressive fading with each treatment
Lightening or disappearance of pigmented + vascular lesions