Duration: 30 mins
Say goodbye to acne + hello to beautiful, clear skin!
The IPL Acne Treatment uses blue light that penetrates deep into the dermal layer of your skin to target uneven texture + reduce the appearance of chronic acne on a long-term basis.
New to IPL? Book your test patch + consultation to discuss the results you want + how many treatments it will take to get you there. At Pure + Simple, we are powered by SharpLight, the leader in IPL technology.
This treatment is recommended for those with mild to moderate acne.
Ideal for: Anyone struggling with stubborn acne + blemishes that have tried traditional products + services that have not been effective.
For best results: We recommend 2 treatments a week, for 4-6 weeks. 8-12 treatments in total.
Please see the list of Contraindications under the Preparations tab to see if this service is suitable for you*
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + Simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle + thorough cleanse.
- Your eyes will then be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine.
- IPL Acne treatment is performed using our blue light of advanced technology to kill bacteria, targeting blemishes + cystic acne all over the face + neck area.
- A second pass will be performed to target those areas that are more prone to acne.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin + enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm + sunscreen.
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.
- Review list of contraindications to ensure you're a candidate for this treatment:
Ø Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks
Ø Diseases that may be stimulated by light.
Ø Cancer; in particular skin cancer
Ø Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
Ø Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
Ø History of Keloid scarring
Ø Fragile + dry skin
Ø Hormonal disorders, unless under control
Ø Use of anticoagulants * History of bleeding (coagulopathies)
Ø Active skin diseases in the intended area (psoriasis)
Ø Clients under 14 years of age
After Care + Results
Immediately following treatment:
In most cases, your skin will look even + glowing directly after service however, some redness is perfectly normal.
It is recommended not to wear make-up directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If make-up application is needed, mineral based make-up is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Classes, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
Photosensitivity increases after treatment + it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment + the following day.
After a few days:
Mild exfoliation + flaking (no peeling)
Less sebaceous production
Less papules and pustules
60‐70% acne healing is expected approx. one month after last treatment
Best visible results a month after the last treatment.