Ta-keh-su-mee, known as bamboo charcoal, is a time-honoured Japanese secret for odor control and detoxification.
Stay odor free all day with a combination of activated charcoal and natural fermentation technology which fights odor-causing bacteria.
Activated bamboo charcoal is ideal for eliminating toxins from your body and has the power to clean deep inside sweat glands.
Activated charcoal has a porous surface that acts like a magnet, which chemically binds substances, such as bacteria and toxins to draw them out.
Charcoal is so potent that one gram (the size of your fingernail) can absorb enough toxins to fill four tennis courts.
- A blend of Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil and Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract give this deodorant a perfect blend of masculine sophistication with timeless notes of rich oak and orange peel.
No baking soda, parabens, aluminum, propylene glycol or synthetic fragrances
Available in 12g/65g
Aqua, Propanediol, Glycerin, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder, Sodium Stearate, Silica, Saccharomyces Ferment, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Magnesium Hydroxide, Carbo Activatus (Activated Charcoal).
All ingredients are listed in INCI (international scientific nomenclature).
Natural, Vegan, Cruelty-free
- NO BAKING SODA
- NO PARABENS
- NO ALUMINUM
- NO PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
Stages of Detox
A 2 to 4 week transition period can be expected when transitioning from antiperspirant to natural deodorant.
Studies show that antiperspirant users experienced an increase in odorous bacteria in the underarm area when they stop using antiperspirant.
NOTE: Each stage of the detox may vary depending on your body chemistry.
- WEEK 1: Our activated charcoal formula pulls toxins from your pores and helps to neutralize odor.
- WEEK 2: Once you stop using antiperspirant and switch to natural deodorant, you will experience an increase growth of odor-causing bacteria in the underarm area. You may also feel additional moisture, which is temporary.
PRO TIP: If you suffer from excessive body odor, use the underarm bar to eliminate odor-causing bacteria on your skin BEFORE applying natural deodorant.
- WEEK 3: Bacteria levels may begin to subside. Underarm moisture levels normalize and the amount of odorous bacteria will begin to decline.
- WEEK 4: Your body should have fully adjusted to natural deodorant. Continue to use the takesumi detox as a daily deodorant. Our charcoal formula will continue to detox and deodorize.