Duration: 60 min
IPL uses light to target discolouration and uneven texture in skin, while healthy cells are left unaffected. This service will remove discolouration on the skin from the sun and even-out skin tone leaving you with a smoother, younger-looking complexion.
Ideal for: Those who are looking to boost collagen production, those looking for dramatic, targeted results to decrease signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and discolouration due to age spots.
Locations Offering this Service:
- Oakville Mississauga
- Richmond Hill
- The Beach
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + simple’s, Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle and thorough cleanse.
- While applying steam to your skin, our Sensitive Skin Exfoliant + Mask will be applied to exfoliate and prepare skin for IPL.
- Your eyes will be covered with protective goggles to shield against the light from the machine
- IPL Anti-Aging treatment is performed using our advanced technology to rejuvenate skin over the entire face + neck. A second pass will be performed to target those areas which show more signs of aging.
- After cooling your face, the esthetician will apply a carefully selected serum for your skin and will lock-in with our award winning Collagen Hydra Mask; you can expect an immediate cooling sensation as the deeply hydrating properties are activated.
- While relaxing with your mask, your esthetician will perform a calming and invigorating scalp, shoulder + décolleté massage.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin and enhance results, your esthetician will apply a full skincare routine including: serum/oil, eye cream, moisturizer, lip balm and sunscreen.
After Care + Results
- In most cases, your skin will look even and glowing directly after service however, some redness is perfectly normal.
- Your esthetician will provide you an after care document to take home with you after the service which will outline all necessary precautions to take.
- Photosensitivity increases after treatment and it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment and the next day.
- It is recommended not to wear makeup directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If makeup application is needed, mineral based makeup is suggested to maintain the benefits of your facial.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service i.e. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
How to Prepare
- You will be required to fill out all necessary IPL consent forms before your first service.
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue use of any retinol or acid based products 1 week before your facial.
- It is not suggested you book your facial the day of an event.