The 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Be Washing Your Hair Daily
Most of us are used to the Lather, Rinse, Repeat cycle daily. We're here to tell you that your morning routine could be leading to dry scalp and oily hair.
Frankly ,it’s a huge waste of time, water and effort
What are the advantages of reducing the frequency of shampooing and conditioning?
1. Less frequent shampoos can improve your hair and scalp. The more you shampoo, the more you remove oils needed to protect hair shafts making it vulnerable to split ends.
2. Daily shampooing contributes to “oily hair”. The result is a dehydrated scalp that manifests an over oily scalp condition. So not a coincident that you have oily but itchy scalp.
3. The less you shampoo, the longer your hair color will stay intact. Thereby saving you money. Hairstylist Kerrie Urban says, “Minerals in shower water can dull blondes, strip color from reds, and cause brunettes to lose richness.
4. Save time-Less time panicking to get washed, dried + styled before the morning commute!
5. Save money-Since you'll be making less trips to the salon or drug store your dollars can stay in your wallet, bank account, under you mattress, etc.
Alternatives to Shampooing & Conditioning daily
1. Dry shampooing
2. Massage a body lotion into your scalp to keep it hydrated so that it does not stimulate sebaceous glands to over oil. Use one that is low in waxes like Minimalist Body Cream (https://pureandsimple.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2075) or World Protect (http://world.ca/collections/products-for-hair-skin/products/protect?variant=1260389964 )
3. Massage a light oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil into your scalp regularly to control over oiling and to condition the scalp
4. Spray a hydrosol into hair to increase hair & scalp hydration