Duration: Approx. 45 mins
Aquabrasion's cold jets of saline water calms + soothes the skin while it gently exfoliates. Saline water boosts skin hydration so that your skin will stay plumped + dewy, minimizing wrinkles, pigmentation, + pore size for a longer period of time.
This treatment is a great option for those on a tight schedule, or as a budget-friendly in-between treatment!
Ideal For: All skin types, especially dull, dehydrated, mature + sensitive types
Locations Offering this Service
- Richmond Hill
- King West
- The Beach
- Oakville Mississauga
How it Works + What to Expect
- Your esthetician will begin by using Pure + Simple’s Sensitive Cleansing Milk, for a gentle + thorough cleanse.
- Your skin will be gently cleansed + massaged to prep for Aquabrasion.
- Aquabrasion is performed using a precision wand with a fine jet stream saline solution to gently exfoliate dead skin cells.
- As a finishing touch, to protect your skin + enhance results, a suitable, serum, oil + moisturizer are applied.
How to Prepare
- Please inform your esthetician of any related allergies (eg. Aloe, Gluten), medications you’re taking (eg. Accutane), or any products to stay away from (Vegan-friendly products are available).
- Please discontinue the use of any retinol or acid-based products 1 week before your treatment.
- It is not suggested you book your treatment on the day of an event.
After Care + Results
- In most cases, your skin will look even + glowing directly after service however, some areas may be red for a few hours, which is completely normal.
- Photosensitivity increases after treatment + it is recommended that an SPF of 15-30 is used after treatment + the following day.
- It is recommended not to wear make-up directly after your service for at least 2 hours. If make-up application is needed, mineral-based make-up is suggested to maintain the benefits of your treatment.
- Skip anything stimulating after your service ie. Workouts, Hot Yoga Class, Hot tubs, Saunas, or any further facial treatments.
I've been coming to Pure + Simple for years and have always loved their facials. I recently had the Aquabrasion treatment but did not love it as much as the facials. I felt my skin was rather dry afterwards and the treatment only lasted 25 mins long, from the approximate 45min length advertised. I will stick to the usual facials going forward.